Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch United F.C.

+15
porrohman
The Slight Breeze
Terrace Guy
Harriers9
adiy price
J.Rawlings22
rawlings09
in2thevalley
ted striker
JBS
del boy
Redditchbluenose86
StockportReds
Leethall
Bob Marley
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Redditch United F.C.        Empty Redditch United F.C.

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:15 am

The TRUST committee have been informed that Chris Swan is the new majority shareholder of Redditch United Football Club.

On behalf of the members of The Redditch United Supporters Trust (TRUST), we would like to welcome the new Directors to the football club and wish them good luck in their new venture and the start of a new and exciting chapter in the history of Redditch United.
We look forward to working alongside the new team by continuing to support the club with our community project initiatives and securing the medium and long term future of 'The Reds'.
We would like to put on record our sincere thanks to the departing and former Directors, who have served the club loyally for many years in very difficult circumstances.

Chris will be making a formal statement later this week and will be at the home game on Saturday.

UP THE REDS!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Redditch United F.C.        Empty Re: Redditch United F.C.

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:20 am

Great news. Excited to see what his plans are for the club. Echo the thanks to those directors etc who have kept our club going.

Onwards and Upwards Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 am

The deal was completed late on Thursday evening and the existing debts and financial liabilities associated with the football club will be cleared in full.

Redditch Borough Council played a crucial role to secure the new ownership by substantially reducing the rent and rate arrears and should be thanked for their support in securing the future of the Reds.

TRUST committee members have received phone calls this morning from Ken Rae personally thanking everyone involved for their fantastic support of the Reds.
He is delighted that the future of the football club is in very secure hands and is relieved that the Reds are still here for us to support and the future generations of Redditch people.

Onwards and upwards!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:33 am

Bob Marley wrote:The deal was completed late on Thursday (did you mean Wednesday?!) evening and the existing debts and financial liabilities associated with the football club will be cleared in full.

Redditch Borough Council played a crucial role to secure the new ownership by substantially reducing the rent and rate arrears and should be thanked for their support in securing the future of the Reds.

TRUST committee members have received phone calls this morning from Ken Rae personally thanking everyone involved for their fantastic support of the Reds.
He is delighted that the future of the football club is in very secure hands and is relieved that the Reds are still here for us to support and the future generations of Redditch people.

Onwards and upwards!

Superb news that Steve. Fair play to the Council in these difficult times, hopefully we can get the club to make some progress and build this up again and get people back down the Valley!

Party atmosphere on Saturday against Wukkie is a must Cool
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:52 am

Bob Marley wrote:The TRUST committee have been informed that Chris Swan is the new majority shareholder of Redditch United Football Club.

On behalf of the members of The Redditch United Supporters Trust (TRUST), we would like to welcome the new Directors to the football club and wish them good luck in their new venture and the start of a new and exciting chapter in the history of Redditch United.
We look forward to working alongside the new team by continuing to support the club with our community project initiatives and securing the medium and long term future of 'The Reds'.
We would like to put on record our sincere thanks to the departing and former Directors, who have served the club loyally for many years in very difficult circumstances.

Chris will be making a formal statement later this week and will be at the home game on Saturday.

UP THE REDS!

+1 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: WELL WORTH ALL THE HARD WORK PUT IN, WELL DONE TEAM :dance: :dance: bounce bounce :dance: bounce bounce :dance: :dance:

Back to top Go down

Post  StockportReds Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:54 am

Excellent news Beer Cheers

UTR
StockportReds
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:17 am

Leethall wrote:

Superb news that Steve. Fair play to the Council in these difficult times, hopefully we can get the club to make some progress and build this up again and get people back down the Valley!

Party atmosphere on Saturday against Wukkie is a must Cool

Definitely!!! Hopefully when this hits the papers it will spark a bit of interest! Keep your papers, shred them up and unleash it all on Saturday when the boys come out to play :dance:

Well done to all involved in making this happen!

Best of luck to Ken, hope he and the family still come down The Valley.

Bring on League Two Wink
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 am

I'd like to delete my posts from yesterday!!! Embarassed They no longer seem relevant! (not that I was wrong
though Wink )

I'm really looking forward to hearing more on this. This news has put a big smile on my face.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:28 am

del boy wrote:I'd like to delete my posts from yesterday!!! Embarassed They no longer seem relevant! (not that I was wrong
though Wink )

I'm really looking forward to hearing more on this. This news has put a big smile on my face.

I think so many people had to bite their tongue last night not to give anything away Laughing

Let's ALL now draw a line under everything that's been said and done in the past, and go forwards together!

Up the 'kin Reds!!! Hyper
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 am

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:43 am

Fantastic news, obviously im not privy to the finances but you have to assume that the money now not being paid in debt repayments will add a decent amount to our playing budget next year!

Although, when you say it is 'completed' I take it you means it all gone through? No chance of a last minute pull-out, ala Kidderminster?

Very Happy

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:53 am

Great news! Hopefully this will mark the start of our revival, although I still think a period of consolidation at a lower level with a greater chance of getting the occasional win might be in order.

And all this time I've been thinking I knew the name; now I know how Steve knows him!

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:00 am

JBS wrote:Fantastic news, obviously im not privy to the finances but you have to assume that the money now not being paid in debt repayments will add a decent amount to our playing budget next year!

Although, when you say it is 'completed' I take it you means it all gone through? No chance of a last minute pull-out, ala Kidderminster?

Very Happy

Done and dusted, pen to paper and the ink has dried Very Happy
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:13 am

I think it is important that we understand some things:

1. Chris, his wife Sally and Mark Fennemore will join the club as Directors.
2. Chris wants the club to be financially independent and will work to increase revenue streams. I believe 3 advertising boards were sold in 1 day this week.
3. All liabilities have been cleared - the club is officially debt free.
4. The new board will invest in the Valley rather than seek a new greenfield site and I believe the council have renewed the lease to support the venture.
5. Chris and Mark consulted the Plan B roadmap and want to work with TRUST to continue the develop the working model.
6. Investment will be made in the team but again in line with our income after an initial 'push'.
7. Chris is very interested in the community projects and wants to push the club in this direction.
8. He is a very successful businessman and will run the club as one of his ongoing concerns.
9. The Reds were very close to closure in the next weeks.

I think we have a unique opportunity and I wish the new owners all the very best in the future of Redditch United Football Club.

Onwards and upwards.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:26 am

Possibly the best result of the season. Well done to all concerned for achieving the goal. :dance: :dance:
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:32 am

We've waited for this for a long time!! :dance: :dance:

Agree with drawing the line in the sand as this is a great chance to start moving forward together!

Come on!!!!!
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:34 am

rawlings09 wrote:We've waited for this for a long time!! :dance: :dance:

Agree with drawing the line in the sand as this is a great chance to start moving forward together!

Come on!!!!!
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Agreed. We cant change the past BUT we change the future sunny sunny sunny sunny
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:13 am

On a more important note..........the forum managed it's highest attendance today of 16 Surprised
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:29 am

Agree with all said. Let's hope that we can take the club forward. If we could have a barnstorming run until the end of the season then we may stay up!!

We really all need to get old friends down to the Valley on Sat to celebrate this news. People like Spike etc who have stayed away should come down. What are the chances of getting this out in the public domain to get people to the game?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:33 am

Leethall wrote: What are the chances of getting this out in the public domain to get people to the game?

FWIW I posted the news on the Twitter page.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:36 am

Leethall wrote:Agree with all said. Let's hope that we can take the club forward. If we could have a barnstorming run until the end of the season then we may stay up!!

We really all need to get old friends down to the Valley on Sat to celebrate this news. People like Spike etc who have stayed away should come down. What are the chances of getting this out in the public domain to get people to the game?

Spike was sent an 'event invite' via Facebook for the Wukkie game but declined it (not that this make's it official or anything as it's only Facebook Laughing )
Spoke to Justin earlier and he said he's spoken to a few old faces that are planning to come back on Saturday.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:36 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:On a more important note..........the forum managed it's highest attendance today of 16 Surprised
Nearly as much at Tuesday night! :dance:

Facebook would be a good place to advertise!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:44 am

rawlings09 wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:On a more important note..........the forum managed it's highest attendance today of 16 Surprised
Nearly as much at Tuesday night! :dance:

Facebook would be a good place to advertise!

Put the news out earlier on the Red's Facebook and it's caught the eye of a few people. A few people actually started chatting to me saying that they're coming along Saturday for the first time.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:50 am

We really need to get behind the boys on Saturday. We also need to be on the Cedar Road well before Kick off so we can make sure the flags etc are set up.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:01 am

Remember....1st impression is very, very important...for Mr Swan and for any new faces at The Valley.

Loud & proud guys....
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next