Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch United F.C.

+15
porrohman
The Slight Breeze
Terrace Guy
Harriers9
adiy price
J.Rawlings22
rawlings09
in2thevalley
ted striker
JBS
del boy
Redditchbluenose86
StockportReds
Leethall
Bob Marley
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Redditch United F.C.        - Page 3 Empty Re: Redditch United F.C.

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Del..chin up, man...let the guard down for once.
How long have you been following the Reds? Have you ever heard 'no debt' before? exactly!

Have a guinness on me man and chillax...happy dayz!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:50 pm

del boy wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:So happy!!!!
And optimism from Del Boy?! Scared Wink
Things are good!

Not really...I'm still wearing my realists hat Smile Realism just looks a lot more rosy at the moment Beer Cheers

lol!
It does mate! it bloody does! :dance:
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:43 am

Harriers9 wrote:Leases can be sold.

Covenants can be changed.

Swan is a property developer.

You have a nice bit of land there.
Mate as much as you hate the fact you missed out don't sit there making up facts you know nothing about :bang head:Point 1 - Because of point 2 this can not be done point 2 - I could write 3 pages just on the Terry's Covenant(but there is no need)This covenant will not be changed from its current position, Its water tight and cant be changed by the council. Point 3 - well done you can find a web site and read it and point 4 - No we don't, Its not that big a piece of land, For purpose of houses it has no proper access due to position and exit on Bromsgrove road,It has and will always suffer from very bad drainage and all planned housing plots are covered for the next 20 years. all in all no intelligent person would try and secure that piece of land for building and if they wanted brown fields sites to do this and make money we have plenty. Now leave us to party and get on with saving your own club Laughing :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:45 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
Harriers9 wrote:Leases can be sold.

Covenants can be changed.

Swan is a property developer.

You have a nice bit of land there.

Redditch United F.C.        - Page 3 2449799072_4129781616
About right that mate Crying with laughter

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 am

Just for the sake of clarity, when we talk about the Reds being debt-free, what do we actually mean? Presumably, Chris Swan has paid our creditors as part of his initial investment in the club. I have two questions:

• Does this include, for example, former directors such as Neil Paget, who if I remember correctly was given shares in lieu of repayment of a loan, or are we just talking about Redditch Borough Council, E.On, brewery, and similar "non-connected" creditors?
  • Does this mean that any money that the new chairman has paid to creditors is now money that the club owes to him?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not naysaying any of this, I think it's fantastic news, a far far better outcome than I thought possible for RUFC, but I'm merely curious about the exact nature of the deal. And I totally understand if this info is not going to be released into the public domain, that is after all the right of Mr Swan and the club, just thought I'd ask the question from the standpoint of someone who doesn't really know that much about the commercial world.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:40 am

Ted.
I don't think it is correct to discuss the business in a public domain.
What is known, is that all liabilities have been settled and/or paid.

Great news.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  The Slight Breeze Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:26 am

From the poster formally known as "Breezy"....this is fantastic news. I am made up for you guys.

I must admit.... after popping down for the Gloucester game (we were robbed!), and then reading the attendance for the recent mid-week game I was struggling to see where the "Reds" would go from there.

This is a superb bit of news and it has really cheered me up. I really do think the future looks bright for the Club now. Well done to all concerned. Best bit of news I have heard this year.

I will try my best to get down to a game or two before the end of the Season.

Dennis...cheers for the updates mate. Apologies I didn't get back to you. Will catch up with you soon.

So so so pleased for you all.

Cheers

Breezy
The Slight Breeze
The Slight Breeze
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:28 am

Bitterness from some Kiddy fans... saying we won't have a club to support next season, that sponsors with walk as our gates will stay at the 200/300 mark... all the negativity you would expect!

i'm not expecting Redditch United to turn good overnight! These things take time!

I'm glad i stayed loyal to this fantastic football club!

And many peoples loyalty has been tested to the brink this season, including mine, but it's what makes this level of football worth it!!!

I'm going to say it again... Debt Free... sounds good does it not?! Wink :dance: Cup
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:51 am

Bob Marley wrote:Ted.
I don't think it is correct to discuss the business in a public domain.
What is known, is that all liabilities have been settled and/or paid.

Great news.

As ever Steve, spot on
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Harriers9 Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:58 pm

It is not bitterness at all. It's bloody good advice but you lot are so far up your own arses you can't see the wood.

He didn't 'find' any hidden debts at all. That's the story that he put out after being told to feck off with his tinpot ideas. His idea of investing in a club is to give the club a set amount for one season to write off debts etc. He then puts a price on everything at the club, admission, season tickets, food, bar takings and so on.

At the end of the season, out of that income, he takes his cut (probably around 60%) to recoup his initial investment and what's left is what the club have to survive on for the following season. If he's made enough he'll stay. If not he will either pull out or pull down.

As for the remark that your lease is safe. Get real.

He was also in talks with WFDC about altering the lease and they were listening. They also own the car park behind Aggborough and that too was part of the 'deal' as was a strip of land from Aggborough to alongside the Severn Valley Railway. That would then give him complete access to the BR station and also Comberton Hill, a main road into Kidderminster.

Look at his website. Look at the kind of thing he does. He buys up parcels of land to build one large lump and then builds his 'business parks with access to transport links' on them.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this. You're not listening any way.

Harriers9
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:01 pm

It's a full moon tonight, did anyone else notice? looks lovely Smile
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:It's a full moon tonight, did anyone else notice? looks lovely Smile

Yeah it does mate! I've just opened the window and tried to take in some fresh air but all I could taste was a bitter wind coming from the west.......
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Hang on....sure does.
named after Keith Moon you know, ex Who drummer.
FACT
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Terrace Guy wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:It's a full moon tonight, did anyone else notice? looks lovely Smile

Yeah it does mate! I've just opened the window and tried to take in some fresh air but all I could taste was a bitter wind coming from the west.......

The whole town centre has actually stunk of manure for the last day or so!!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:20 pm

del boy wrote:
Terrace Guy wrote:

The whole of Redditch has since Tuesday night. I asked everyone else in the Cedar Road if they could smell something funky but no once else could so I was paranoid that they'd think it was me Neutral
There's even a Facebook group now dedicated to it! Something like "15/03/11 - The day Redditch smelt like sh*t" Laughing
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:53 pm

del boy wrote:
Terrace Guy wrote:

The whole of Redditch has since Tuesday night. I asked everyone else in the Cedar Road if they could smell something funky but no once else could so I was paranoid that they'd think it was me Neutral
There's even a Facebook group now dedicated to it! Something like "15/03/11 - The day Redditch smelt like sh*t" Laughing
I used to be a werewolf when the moon came out , but I'm alright nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:05 pm

del boy wrote:
Terrace Guy wrote:

Still not finished those 1980's christmas crackers then mate? Point and laugh Wink
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Andy..I remember you asking that on Tuesday..I just thought someone had Full of sh*t
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:46 pm

The Valley is perfect land to build houses on! Right at the bottom of a hill with awful drainage! fluffing hell, bet he can't wait to demolish the lost and build houses on wooden sticks!

As for the wind, it was a bit fresh tonight! Westerly wind as pointed out by our weatherman Wink

As for someone shitting themsleves... the age range on the Cedar Road... it probably wasn't a bad shout Wink

UTR!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Harriers9 wrote:-edited stuff-

I don't know why I'm telling you all this. You're not listening any way.

I don't know that it's a case of people not listening, I think it's more a case of Redditch fans thinking that even if, in 12 months time, your predictions come true, at least we've had that extra 12 months, and who wouldn't want another 12 months to say goodbye to something they've loved for all this time? The club would likely as not have folded by the summer without this intervention, so we have absolutely nothing to lose.

And as other people have said, the Valley is hardly prime real estate. The drainage is terrible even with 99% of the land comprising grass/soil. That's not going to improve if it's all tarmaced over, and you'd have to put in a huge amount of money and work to improve the drainage across the land behind the ground, unless someone can find a way to make sh*t roll uphill.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:30 pm

just looked at reds web site and it seems to have gone or is it me
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Harriers9 wrote:It is not bitterness at all. It's bloody good advice but you lot are so far up your own arses you can't see the wood.

We have a millionaire owner. We have won twice all season, we have had gates of 70, we have been one day away from going out of business, we have seen over 50 players come through the gates, we have had 5 points deducted...
We'll take anything! And you wouldn't be saying that if he took over Kidderminster... would you?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Kiddy Farriers? they gave us Chris Swan, we gave them Gary Whild.....RESULT!

They will be more reacked off when Danny Lewis comes home to a big club.. Point and laugh
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:04 am

The fact that Whild and now Rae have gone can only be a good thing. What Chris Swan's intentions are for the club none of us know, only he does. This could be the start of better times ahead or he could have an alterior motive for taking over the club. A cautious welcome is the approach I'm taking. I will be back to watch the Reds today and I think a few of those who have been staying away may do the same.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:54 am

Welcome back - the more the merrier!
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next