Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch United F.C.

+15
porrohman
The Slight Breeze
Terrace Guy
Harriers9
adiy price
J.Rawlings22
rawlings09
in2thevalley
ted striker
JBS
del boy
Redditchbluenose86
StockportReds
Leethall
Bob Marley
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Redditch United F.C.        - Page 2 Empty Re: Redditch United F.C.

Post  J.Rawlings22 Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:12 pm

the future looks bright sunny
up the reds!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
J.Rawlings22
J.Rawlings22
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Does this mean we can sign a few players now to replace the injured ones like Joe Hull and Tom Warmer? Let's get Greeny back for a start!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 pm

in2thevalley wrote:We really need to get behind the boys on Saturday. We also need to be on the Cedar Road well before Kick off so we can make sure the flags etc are set up.
Yeah we are getting there early to make sure flags are up, Andy his helping me to get the Team pics back up in the clubhouse tomorrow. I have put it up on twitter and Facebook but as its last minute there is not much we can do, the standard usually does not come till saturday and sometimes not till sunday Head against wall but that's Batchley(not sure else where. Question

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Speaking of first impressions, most potential buyers / investors would surely have been scared off after visiting the Valley any time recently?

Thankfully, Mr Swan has recognised that beyond the apathy in Redditch, there is a great deal of potential that exists in the town. He is obviously a man who is looking forward to a challenge!!

It looks inevitable that we are still going to go down this season, the traditional way! Survival in the CN can only happen at the demise of others, and I certainly wouldn’t wish that upon another club.

At the start of the season, if you’d offered me a relegated but debt free club, I’d have ripped your arm off! Quiz question; when was the club last debt free?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Again, I disagree with you Del my friend.

Do you think any other clubs would give a gnatts ass if the Reds went to the wall? - you may get a few sympathetic comments, but more likely 'serves you right'.
If other clubs across the BSP/BSN/BSS go to the wall and keep the Reds in this league...I'll rip your arm off.

For the first time in my memory, the Reds have no debt, council support, a clear plan, marketing expertise, and a figure head who will attract investment..

With this platform, more can be invested in the playing squad and the spiral we have been on for the last years will completely reverse.

I bet we get a crowd of 200+ on Saturday against maybe 120 if nothing had changed...I hope we stay in this league and start to build on the foundations this deal with give the Reds.

This will be hot news even outside football as Chris is very well known in many industrial circles.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:30 pm

i agree with you steve but think we might get closer to 300 than 200, heres to a brave new start :dance: :dance:
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:31 pm

del boy wrote:Speaking of first impressions, most potential buyers / investors would surely have been scared off after visiting the Valley any time recently?

Thankfully, Mr Swan has recognised that beyond the apathy in Redditch, there is a great deal of potential that exists in the town. He is obviously a man who is looking forward to a challenge!!

It looks inevitable that we are still going to go down this season, the traditional way! Survival in the CN can only happen at the demise of others, and I certainly wouldn’t wish that upon another club.

At the start of the season, if you’d offered me a relegated but debt free club, I’d have ripped your arm off! Quiz question; when was the club last debt free?

A quote from his website:
“I am a businessman through and through and there is nothing I love more than a business challenge to really get stuck into! But I am also a family man, and a keen philanthropist with an healthy interest in politics”.

I think whatever happens this season, we'll be fine. If we go down then we'll be competing against teams of a lower callibre (than the North), and hopefully get a decent run of results and start the momentum rolling. The results would boost our attendances.
IF somehow we manage to stay in this league then it will just be like any other season really, with the exception of living within our means, an improved ground, and hopefully better attendances.

Apparently Mark (Chris Swans wing man)has been at the ground all day painting the walls at the entrance and the gates?? Shocked
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
del boy wrote:Speaking of first impressions, most potential buyers / investors would surely have been scared off after visiting the Valley any time recently?

A quote from his website:

“I am a businessman through and through and there is nothing I love more than a business challenge to really get stuck into! But I am also a family man, and a keen philanthropist with an healthy interest in politics”.

I think whatever happens this season, we'll be fine. If we go down then we'll be competing against teams of a lower callibre (than the North), and hopefully get a decent run of results and start the momentum rolling. The results would boost our attendances.
IF somehow we manage to stay in this league then it will just be like any other season really, with the exception of living within our means, an improved ground, and hopefully better attendances.

Apparently Mark (Chris Swans wing man)has been at the ground all day painting the walls at the entrance and the gates?? Shocked
Im up for some painting tomorrow?

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Yes he has Andy...and he would love it if anyone went and introduced themselves to him and lent a hand....

Del..I would love to meet up and buy you a few pints at Easter...I will be at the Guisely game, if you fancy it
Beer
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:43 pm

That's what I said. If I'd known today I would have gone down to help out seeing as I've been climbing the walls all day doing nothing but job hunting Head against wall

Want the ground to sparkle for Saturday Cool
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Yes he has Andy...and he would love it if anyone went and introduced themselves to him and lent a hand....

Del..I would love to meet up and buy you a few pints at Easter...I will be at the Guisely game, if you fancy it
Beer

I'm picking up Jeff and the Board Rooom pics tomorrow so we'll ask him when we're there.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Yes he has Andy...and he would love it if anyone went and introduced themselves to him and lent a hand....

Beer

I'm picking up Jeff and the Board Rooom pics tomorrow so we'll ask him when we're there.
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Going into town first to get supplies for Saturday
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Again, I disagree with you Del my friend.

Do you think any other clubs would give a gnatts ass if the Reds went to the wall? - you may get a few sympathetic comments, but more likely 'serves you right'.
If other clubs across the BSP/BSN/BSS go to the wall and keep the Reds in this league...I'll rip your arm off.

For the first time in my memory, the Reds have no debt, council support, a clear plan, marketing expertise, and a figure head who will attract investment..

With this platform, more can be invested in the playing squad and the spiral we have been on for the last years will completely reverse.

I bet we get a crowd of 200+ on Saturday against maybe 120 if nothing had changed...I hope we stay in this league and start to build on the foundations this deal with give the Reds.

This will be hot news even outside football as Chris is very well known in many industrial circles.

Perhaps nobody would genuinely care if did go bust (except for our friends at Blythe!) But knowing how close the club has come to going out of existence, I couldn’t wish it upon anyone else. Yes, their clubs may deserve it….. if it does happen, then I’ll probably breath a sigh of relief…again! But, I’m not sitting here hoping for it.

I’ll be back on Saturday and I’m looking forward to it! The crowds won’t return overnight. Nor will entertaining football. But I think we can look forward to a steady improvement over time.

For me, escaping relegation this season (by league position) would require an overnight budget of 5k-6k a week, a lot of luck and championship winning form! Lets not forget what kind of reckless budget put us in this mess 5 years ago. Start as you mean to go on.

Early posts on the Kiddy forums seem rather bitter, with one poster suggesting ulterior motives. I’ve scratched my head and can not think of any negative motives that Mr Swan can possible have!!! He can’t sell the ground for housing and he certainly won’t make money!

I can’t wait to hear news of the press conference on Saturday.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:05 pm

Beer

That would be interesting! ......but I doubt we'd agree on what pints to drink Wink
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:13 pm

del boy wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Again, I disagree with you Del my friend.

Perhaps nobody would genuinely care if did go bust (except for our friends at Blythe!) But knowing how close the club has come to going out of existence, I couldn’t wish it upon anyone else. Yes, their clubs may deserve it….. if it does happen, then I’ll probably breath a sigh of relief…again! But, I’m not sitting here hoping for it.

I’ll be back on Saturday and I’m looking forward to it! The crowds won’t return overnight. Nor will entertaining football. But I think we can look forward to a steady improvement over time.

For me, escaping relegation this season (by league position) would require an overnight budget of 5k-6k a week, a lot of luck and championship winning form! Lets not forget what kind of reckless budget put us in this mess 5 years ago. Start as you mean to go on.

Early posts on the Kiddy forums seem rather bitter, with one poster suggesting ulterior motives. I’ve scratched my head and can not think of any negative motives that Mr Swan can possible have!!! He can’t sell the ground for housing and he certainly won’t make money!

I can’t wait to hear news of the press conference on Saturday.

Well Kiddy was a mess obviously! They have managed to keep their club going and they will get over it and they are going great guns Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Harriers9 Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Leases can be sold.

Covenants can be changed.

Swan is a property developer.

You have a nice bit of land there.

Harriers9
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I think it is important that we understand some things:

1. Chris, his wife Sally and Mark Fennemore will join the club as Directors. YES. Three directors already better than one!
2. Chris wants the club to be financially independent and will work to increase revenue streams. I believe 3 advertising boards were sold in 1 day this week. YES- already utilising business contacts to sell the club
3. All liabilities have been cleared - the club is officially debt free. YES. Reds and 'debt free' have rarely if ever been used seriously in one phrase.
4. The new board will invest in the Valley rather than seek a new greenfield site and I believe the council have renewed the lease to support the venture. YES. The Valley is our home, lets keep it that way.
5. Chris and Mark consulted the Plan B roadmap and want to work with TRUST to continue the develop the working model. YES- interaction with fans!
6. Investment will be made in the team but again in line with our income after an initial 'push'. YES! Onwards on upwards? Will we survive? If a third miracle happens then yes, realistically no but at least we'd be able to compete in the Southern Prem now!
7. Chris is very interested in the community projects and wants to push the club in this direction. YES! INTERACTION WITH REDDITCH PEOPLE! Finally an owner that realises this is needed!
8. He is a very successful businessman and will run the club as one of his ongoing concerns.
9. The Reds were very close to closure in the next weeks. Not surprising at all. Massive thanks to Ken Rae for bothering to keep us on a life support for ages and plough his families money into the club though. This CANNOT be underestimated!!!!
I think we have a unique opportunity and I wish the new owners all the very best in the future of Redditch United Football Club.

Onwards and upwards.

Well what can I say! This news has absolutely delighted me! I somehow knew we would survive as this football club has always been epitomised by a battling spirit working against the odds. The last few seasons are a fine example of this! I will admit that I have generally been attending because of sheer duty to the club this season (as no doubt many others were too) and certainly wasn't taking any enjoyment out of seeing us get thumped most of the time. But now to the immediate future. Realistically we are dead and buried this season and are better off focussing on stability in the Southern Prem. Though having said this we have always been like a really bad bout of constipation ever since we joined the Conference North. No matter how much everyone strains to force us out we always have some way of staying in and annoying the hell out of every other club. Who's to say this won't happen again? Laughing
Finally can I say a huge thanks to Chris Swan and partners for saving this very special club (i use the term special to mean it is very close to my heart and the fact it's a bloody basket case most of the time.) Since it was formed it has given me, my father, Grandfather and Great Grandfather plenty of entertainment and there is now a platform in place for it to give many more generations something to do on a cold, bleak saturday afternoon! Cup
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Harriers9 wrote:Leases can be sold.

If I recall correctly, Redditch Borough Council has to build something like 7000 new homes in the next 15 years. After extensive planning and research, the locations for such homes and expansion are clearly shown on the council website. Those plans don’t include the Valley Stadium.

The club was apparently weeks away from going out of business. Why would the council complicate things, reduce rates, extend the lease and make it harder for themselves to use the Valley as housing?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Council own the ground. Is it because Kiddy's ground is in the hands of people you are scared are going to well it on?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Redditch United F.C.        - Page 2 2449799072_4129781616
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Porrohman and I personally contacted the council and local MP's for their support for this deal.
They are 'delighted' that the club is saved and want to work closely with Chris and the team to grow the Youth program as well as the community links.

I am surprised by the reaction of Harriers fans...I suggest you talk to the members of their TRUST to understand why their deal was not sealed.
Very interesting.

Onwards and upwards...Redditch, the pride of Worcestershire. :dance:
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:31 pm

So happy!!!!
And optimism from Del Boy?! Scared Wink
Things are good!
For the first time in my years of coming down this is the best thing thats happened!!!!

Happy times for everyone at Redditch United!!

Pop in the shop if you like Del Boy! I'm the taller one Wink

UP THE fluffing REDS!!!!!!!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:37 pm

rawlings09 wrote:So happy!!!!
And optimism from Del Boy?! Scared Wink
Things are good!

Not really...I'm still wearing my realists hat Smile Realism just looks a lot more rosy at the moment Beer Cheers

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next