Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch or bromsgrove ?

+7
mattim
allotmentender
Bob Marley
Redditch_Reject
rawlings09
del boy
kingfisher
11 posters

Go down

Redditch or bromsgrove ? Empty Redditch or bromsgrove ?

Post  kingfisher Mon May 28, 2012 11:08 am

Everyone has a view on this forum good or bad it’s all opinion remember that. However Redditch is trying to do the right things so here is a simple question to all supporters >

Would you rather support Redditch or Bromsgrove right now look at where both clubs are right now and where both clubs were a few seasons ago?

kingfisher
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Redditch or bromsgrove ? Empty Re: Redditch or bromsgrove ?

Post  del boy Mon May 28, 2012 11:42 am

It’s not quite that simple.

Bromsgrove Sporting are a brand new club on the up. The supporters of Bromsgrove Rovers did the right thing in hastening the death of a club that had been in terminal decline for years. But it’s the same club in spirit. I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t jealous of the support that Bromsgrove get.

Give it a few years, and they should be back at our level of football. I hope they succeed. It will be nice to have a genuine rival to compete against!!! Their fans have suffered enough!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon May 28, 2012 12:34 pm

I'll always be a redditch fan... even though SID SNOT might not like it Wink

But fair play to Bromsgrove, +1 what del boy said!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Mon May 28, 2012 12:50 pm

It's a difficult question. It's hard to really answer because no matter what, I'm a Red through and through, but I realise it's more about money.
They do get a lot of support, and for that any Redditch fan will be slightly jealous. However, thinks can always change in football. It wasn't so long ago that I remember there being talk of us merging with Bromsgrove Rovers, because they have the money. We would use their staduim, their players and they would just be buying our league poisition. Money can change quickly in football and thats' why I'm pleased with the situation at Redditch - a sustaniable club.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon May 28, 2012 4:59 pm

kingfisher wrote:Everyone has a view on this forum good or bad it’s all opinion remember that. However Redditch is trying to do the right things so here is a simple question to all supporters >

Would you rather support Redditch or Bromsgrove right now look at where both clubs are right now and where both clubs were a few seasons ago?

Bromsgrove Rovers died...they do not exist.

Why would a Reds fan feel hard done by? We have our history.

Bromsgrove Sporting charge 4 squid to go in.....come 3rd in a Sunday league and find it difficult to beat my dear pal Oaksie's youth team.

The novelty is wearing off down the road where as the redolution is in full swing.....the Reds are the ones on the up.

Onwards and upwards.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Mon May 28, 2012 11:26 pm

kingfisher wrote:Everyone has a view on this forum good or bad it’s all opinion remember that. However Redditch is trying to do the right things so here is a simple question to all supporters >

A strange question that one!!! Being a Redditch fan, i'd rather support Redditch no matter what the positions of the clubs!!!

Besides, i've only got 4 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand Rolling Eyes
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Tue May 29, 2012 2:10 am

I'd have thought Fat Ron would have had a few choice words to say on this one ! Perhaps he's on holiday (or has he just mellowed a bit !).

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue May 29, 2012 9:54 am

mattim wrote:I'd have thought Fat Ron would have had a few choice words to say on this one ! Perhaps he's on holiday (or has he just mellowed a bit !).

He was last seen working in The Bromsgrove Tourist information CentreRedditch or bromsgrove ? 1834 Redditch or bromsgrove ? 1834
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 10:49 am

You what? scratch

Back to top Go down

Redditch or bromsgrove ? Empty Age has mellowed me..

Post  Fat Ron Wed May 30, 2012 11:36 am

I have to agree, it is a strange question to ask, as its a Redditch United forum, but having time to reflect upon it, I think, as mattim has put it I have mellowed, with age. I no longer hate Bumsgrove like I used to, but I will add... I would rather eat a bowl of my own shyte than watch, let alone support the vermin from up the road.. Over 30 years ago i used to work at the sewage works down Spernal, and no matter how putrid or how it stank, it was like fragrant perfume compared to the stench, when them stinking p1ss stained tramps showed up for the pre-season friendly last year.. I for one will be handing my season ticket back and refusing to enter our beloved Valley stadium this season if they are invited back, UNTIL Rentokil have been and fumigated the place and make it discease free for decent people like Redditch fans to go back in there..
A few weeks ago I had the misfortune of having to drive through the flea pit, Theres a big sign either end of the town with a red cross on it and UNCLEAN in big letters painted on it.. Having looked at the in-bred 6 fingered banjo playing freaks living there, I thought if Albert, my Alapaha Blueblood Bulldog looked half as ugly as that lot I would shave his arse and teach him to walk backwards !!.. As we drove out of Bumsgrove towards Home, we were stopped by a load of Romainian Gypsies, who pleaded with us not to leave them there. They said its the only place where they came out with less than when they went it, due to all the beggars, scroungers and other assorted vermin that live there,stealing and scrounging what little they had..
So I suppose I would have to say, I would support the Reds more than the scum from up the road... Yes age certainly has mellowed me .. Fat Ron pig pig from the R.F.B

Fat Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Wed May 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Fat Ron wrote: I have to agree, it is a strange question to ask, as its a Redditch United forum, but having time to reflect upon it, I think, as mattim has put it I have mellowed, with age. I no longer hate Bumsgrove like I used to, but I will add... I would rather eat a bowl of my own shyte than watch, let alone support the vermin from up the road.. Over 30 years ago i used to work at the sewage works down Spernal, and no matter how putrid or how it stank, it was like fragrant perfume compared to the stench, when them stinking p1ss stained tramps showed up for the pre-season friendly last year.. I for one will be handing my season ticket back and refusing to enter our beloved Valley stadium this season if they are invited back, UNTIL Rentokil have been and fumigated the place and make it discease free for decent people like Redditch fans to go back in there..
A few weeks ago I had the misfortune of having to drive through the flea pit, Theres a big sign either end of the town with a red cross on it and UNCLEAN in big letters painted on it.. Having looked at the in-bred 6 fingered banjo playing freaks living there, I thought if Albert, my Alapaha Blueblood Bulldog looked half as ugly as that lot I would shave his arse and teach him to walk backwards !!.. As we drove out of Bumsgrove towards Home, we were stopped by a load of Romainian Gypsies, who pleaded with us not to leave them there. They said its the only place where they came out with less than when they went it, due to all the beggars, scroungers and other assorted vermin that live there,stealing and scrounging what little they had..
So I suppose I would have to say, I would support the Reds more than the scum from up the road... Yes age certainly has mellowed me .. Fat Ron pig pig from the R.F.B

Yep! I like a man who speaks his mind and think this is a well thought out and very factual post!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Ron Thu May 31, 2012 5:05 am

Having further thought about it.. I take back the first bit of my post.. I DO HATE Bromsgrove and everything to do with the shyte hole.. Age ain't mellowed me that much after all.. Not when it comes to the vermin up the road... Fat Ron pig pig From the R.F.B

Fat Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu May 31, 2012 5:46 am

I think it's a good question, although could have been worded slightly different.

Would you rather be in Red's situation - low'ish gates, playing at a respectable level, but not making much of an impact (yet!).
or
In Bromsgrove's position - healthy crowds and pushing on to higher levels.

I hope that's what you meant anyway Embarassed

Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:26 am

oldtommo wrote:
Fat Ron wrote: I have to agree, it is a strange question to ask, as its a Redditch United forum, but having time to reflect upon it, I think, as mattim has put it I have mellowed, with age. I no longer hate Bumsgrove like I used to, but I will add... I would rather eat a bowl of my own shyte than watch, let alone support the vermin from up the road.. Over 30 years ago i used to work at the sewage works down Spernal, and no matter how putrid or how it stank, it was like fragrant perfume compared to the stench, when them stinking p1ss stained tramps showed up for the pre-season friendly last year.. I for one will be handing my season ticket back and refusing to enter our beloved Valley stadium this season if they are invited back, UNTIL Rentokil have been and fumigated the place and make it discease free for decent people like Redditch fans to go back in there..

Yep! I like a man who speaks his mind and think this is a well thought out and very factual post!

Agree. Should be entered for the Booker prize!!
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down